We have put together some information for you to plan your travel and conference attendance. In case you still have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
For inquiries or for assistance during the conference feel free to contact our helping hands or the registration/information desk.
The address of the conference venue is on Wednesday through Friday:
“Freihaus” Building of TU Wien, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8‐10, 1040 Vienna
GPS: 48.199307, 16.367604
Please note that the opening session and the registration on the first day ist located in the
Main University Building of TU Wien, Karlsplatz 13, 1040 Vienna
GPS: 48.199028, 16.370028
How to reach the Conference Venue from the airport
If you arrive by plane and would like to directly proceed to the conference center, you will have the following options:
- For the most convenient connection to the conference venue, take the train (“Schnellbahn”) line S7 (departure 18min or 48min after the full hour) directly from the airport to the center. The ride takes approximately 35 minutes, interval 30 minutes, get off at station 'Landstraße'. From station 'Landstraße' take the subway U4 (green line) in direction "Hütteldorf". The conference site is in walking distance of the station "Karlsplatz".
- Another possibility is the Railjet RJ, departure always 3min or 33min after the full hour. Get off at "Wien Hauptbahnhof" and take the subway U1 (red line) in direction "Wien Leopoldau". The conference site is in walking distance of the station "Karlsplatz".
- There is also an airport bus to the center of Vienna ("Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz"). From Schwedenplatz you can take the underground U4 (green line) in direction "Hütteldorf". The conference site is in walking distance of the station "Karlsplatz".
- by Taxi: you may want to take a taxi as well, the price should be around EUR 40-50
An overview of the different options to travel from the airport to the city center is found at: https://www.wien.info/en/travel-info/to-and-around/airport-to-center
How to reach the Conference Venue by public transport
The conference venue is easily reachable by public transport. The nearest stations are the subway station "Karlsplatz" (green, purple and red line) or the station “Resselgasse” for the trams no 1 and 62. You will need a ticket for zone 100 (Wien Kernzone), about EUR 2,20 for a single ride.
Opening time of the Registration desk
The registration office will open on Tuesday, September 19, by 12pm and will be closed at 7pm in the evening. It is located directly at the entrance to the main university building at Karlsplatz 13. We kindly ask you to register well in advance of the Opening Ceremony at 2pm.
From Wednesday, September 20 to Friday, September 22 the registration desk opens at 8:30am, and is located on the first floor of the "Freihaus" building, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10.
At registration you will receive the registration documents and the conference badge.
If you need any kind of certificate (attendance, presentation, payment etc) please contact Mr. Krebs at the info desk. We kindly ask you to do this from Wednesday morning.
Please wear your badge
You must wear your badge all the time, since this is the entrance key to all scientific sessions and social events! If it happens that you have forgotten your badge please contact the registration desk or slide center to get a replacement.
Two pre-conference workshops are organized on the morning of Tuesday, September 19:
- WORKSHOP 1: Sample preparation for the analysis of low-molecular-weight analytes prior to chromatographic analysis (W. Buchberger, Johannes Kepler University Linz)
Freihaus Building, Lecture room HS 2, 9:30 – 12:30 h
- WORKSHOP 2: Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrmetry (GC×GC-MS): Fundamnetals and State-of-the-Art Applications (P. Tranchida, University of Messina)
Freihaus Building, Lecture room HS 3, 9:00 – 12:30 h
Workshop participation is free for registered student participants; however, registration is required and still possible. The originally announced “Workshop 3: Scientific Writing” had to be cancelled because of lack of sufficient interest. Those who have declared interest in this workshop are invited to register for one of the other two workshops.
The registration desk for the workshops is located on the first floor of the "Freihaus" building, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10, and opens at 8.30 h.
Scientific Program as handout
The program of the conference (WHO is talking WHEN and WHERE) can be downloaded here. This information can be found in the book of abstracts as well.
If you are giving a talk, please do not forget to hand in your presentation the day BEFORE your talk! The slide center is located near the registration desk at the entrance to the building.
We provide some PCs identical to the presentation PCs, where you can test your presentation if you would like to (particularly recommended if you have embedded media).
The projection equipment should support a resolution up to 1920x1200.
Please remember that the respective speaking times (15 / 25 / 40 minutes) include discussion.
Following the guidelines posters may be up to Format A0 (84x118cm, portrait format). They can be mounted with adhesive tapes on the numbered poster boards. Poster mounting should be completed on Wednesday before the first coffee break (10:25 am), and posters shall be on display until the coffee break on Friday (11:40 am). We will provide mounting material.
Authors are requested to be available to present their poster during the official poster session hours. Posters with uneven numbers are displayed on Wednesday, September 20, from 14.30 – 16.00 h; posters with even numbers are displayed on Thursday, September 21, from 14.30 – 16.00 h.
Vienna has a very good and efficient public transport system. You only need to buy one ticket to use tramway, underground, busses and even trains within the main zone "100", which covers the whole area of Vienna (however the airport is already outside of Vienna, so you have to buy an extended ticket for 2 zones). All tickets can be bought at the red ticket machines (by cash or by maestro card), at ticket offices at bigger stations or at some tobacco stores.
The following tickets are available:
- Single trip (Einzelfahrschein): If you want to go from A to B just buy a single ticket for EUR 2,20. You need to stamp your ticket either at the entrance to the underground station or directly in the tramway or bus. Watch out for a blue validating machine.You can also buy multiple stripes of 4 or 8 single trips (can be used by several persons in parallel)
- Short term passes: You also can buy a ticket for 24 hours (EUR 7.60), 48 hours (EUR 13.30) or 72 hours (EUR 16.50). These tickets allow you to use the public transport for the given time beginning with the time of stamping (so if you stamp the 48 hours-ticket on Sunday 15:30 you are allowed to use the transporting system until Tuesday 15:30)
- Multiple stripes for single days (8-Tage-Klimakarte): These tickets are valid for the day you validate them until the next day 1am. You may want to use this ticket if you travel with a group. The stripe contains 8 Tickets and costs EUR 38.40.
- Weekly ticket: This ticket for EUR 16.20 allows you to use the transporting system for one week beginning on Monday. So if you arrive on Sunday you will need separate tickets for your arrival day as well.
The weather forecast (Updated on September 11)
The weather forecast for the days of the conference is not that bad, we expect a mixture of rainy and sunny days, so to have a thin raincoat and umbrella with you would be a good idea.
The weather forecast for the conference days is as follows:
Tuesday, 19: A mix of clouds and sun in the morning giving way to a few showers during the afternoon. 8-18°C
Wednesday, 20: Partly cloudy early followed by increasing clouds with showers developing later in the day. 8-17°C
Thursday, 21: Sunshine and clouds mixed during daytime. During the evening clear to partly cloudy. 9-19°C
Friday, 22: Mostly sunny skies. 10-20°C